The round tower at Glendalough (Irish: Gleann Dá Loch, meaning "Valley of two lakes") in County Wicklow, Ireland is more than 1000 years old and was used for storage, a beacon for pilgrims, and as a high place from which to drop rocks upon the heads of pillaging vikings. This was an important destination for pilgrims for hundreds of years.
John Moyer made this photo on August 12, 2013.
This page is on a slow server. Please be patient while the pictures load.
Copyright 2013, A-Wee-Bit-of-Ireland.com