The Rock of Cashel has been a fortress or a religious site for thousands of years. It is also called Cashel of the Kings and St. Patrick's Rock. Cashel was sacked by English Parliamentarian troops under Murrough O'Brien, 1st Earl of Inchiquin, in 1647 and the cathedral was destroyed.
This page is on a slow server. Please be patient while the pictures load.
Copyright 2007, A-Wee-Bit-of-Ireland.com